Sunday, May 09, 2010

A Happy Mother's Day to All of Us!

I had a wonderful Mother's Day, and was treated like a queen. It's really nice to have children with jobs.

I spent the day relaxing, just enjoying myself. I did, briefly, think about going into work to catch up but managed to talk myself out of it. Instead, I spent some time with my spinning wheel and some time with a mystery novel.

For dinner, the children took me to Ginza, a Japanese steak house. It was delicious! I really love the theatrics of having the food cooked at the table, and I'm glad my kids indulged me with this. Afterwards, we stopped at Cold Stone for ice cream.

And if a night out isn't enough to make a mom happy, there were also flowers and a gift card to Knit Picks. Plus a phone call from the child living out of state, reminding me that she will be home for a visit in just two days. I am totally spoiled.

I think I did a pretty good job raising my three children.

No comments: